Introduction and Thanks
• Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, delighted to join with you all this afternoon for the official launch of the Scottish Islamic Foundation.
• Congratulations to everyone who’s worked hard over the past year to get to this point.
• As the Chief Executive Officer and the driving force behind the Foundation’s establishment, congratulations to Osama Saeed in particular.
• Congratulations also to the many other committed and talented individuals who have been involved – Bashir Maan, Imam Mustaqeem Shah, Ken Imrie, Humza Yousaf, Noman Tahir and many others.
Contribution of the Muslim Community to Scotland
• Over the time that I have known many of you, I’ve seen at first hand your commitment not just to your faith, but to the success of this nation.
• Individually, and together, you have worked tirelessly to raise awareness and understanding of Islam – and highlighted the contribution that Scotland’s Muslims make across the full spectrum of our national life.
• Your efforts are helping to forge bonds of understanding, and breaking down barriers, between Scotland’s diverse faith communities.
• And reinforcing the fact that Scotland’s Muslim communities are very much part of our nation, and the threads which make up the vibrant, colourful tartan of our society.
• Scotland’s Muslim community takes pride in its Scottish heritage. And as First Minister, I certainly take pride in the contribution that you make.